It’s incredible that we’ve gotten to the 100th episode. After a lackluster first season and a host of expected cancellations, we get to triple digits with TV’s best ensemble comedy. It wasn’t any better than it usually is tonight, as some plots worked and others didn’t, but it still was consistent as ever.
Taking into account that it was a huge benchmark for the show, the writers centered their theme around new beginnings and moving forward. What was Leslie going to do, except force another council campaign on herself? Andy’s back, but in a wasted plot line. Chris and Anne are literally, almost parents of a baby boy. Tom is Rent-a-Swag-less and attempting to make a bigger name for himself in his own community.
These characters are wonderful and it nice to have them back and to have spent so much time with them. To 100 more episodes!
- After listening to the ‘Frozen’ soundtrack one thousand times, it was nice to see Kristin Bell sing, if only for a second.
- Ron’s one liners still are the highlight of most episodes. “I don’t like French words, but I like business. Go on.”
- Both of Ben’s gift’s to Leslie were wonderful and made me feel feelings. I wonder if they shot the last segment of the show when they were filming in Europe earlier in the season.
- I will watch Henry Winkler in anything, especially when he’s being hugged by a singing John-Ralphio.
- Leslie’s ransom note banners were beyond funny.
Keep on Watchin’!