This was definitely a stronger outing for this up and down season. Ron and Tom’s stories were pretty solid, aided by a nice guest appearance by Orphan Black’s Tatiana Maslany. The exciting news is that it seems like she’ll stay around for a little bit.
The success of this episode came from the writing of Leslie Knope. For the first time in a few weeks she’s wasn’t mean/negative/crazy Leslie. Despite being “Jammed” once again, she kept her heathy winning attitude. Her brief tension with Donna was a nice way to deal with bad Leslie, although it wasn’t in response to the past two weeks. It just worked well where it happened to be placed with in this chunk of season.
- Tom is so cute sometimes. Idiotic, but cute.
- April really needs Andy right now, as nice as she it as a compliment to other story lines.
- Farting dolls? Always funny.
- Adam Scott is so good at keeping Ben just far away enough from the annoying line.
- #Thetweetswereawesome #bossbitch #bitchboss #semantics
- Sometime I have a hard time of believing that the town of Pawnee would be this stupid and listen to Jam, but the show over all these seasons keeps the world so consistent that it always kinda works.
- It’s nice to see Retta get the spotlight a little more. Now, with Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones leaving (who wasn’t even in this episode), maybe we’ll spend some more time with the others.
Keep on Watchin’!